Planning to get a Master, PhD or Doctor of Engineering?
Research field: Automation, Process Engineering, Control
Location: Melaka, Malaysia
1. Open to candidates working in the industry. For industry candidates, project are encouraged as industrial based project whereby candidate able to commit to their research while working full-time. However, Part-time candidates are also welcome.
2. Possess a Master degree in electrical, control, or mechatronics engineering.
3. Possess experiences in control system or process engineering or/ and automation.
4. Able to work independently, resilient, hardworking and has good English command in speaking and writing.
For more details, please send your CV and an abstract/ summary of your master dissertation project to:
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mariam Md Ghazaly, firstname.lastname@example.org
CV submission deadline : 15th September 2021
Are you a 4th year Undergraduate?
Searching for candidates to pursue their research studies in Master, 4th year undergraduate students may apply during their final semester – Open all year round
- Mechatronic System Design
- Control System
What do you gain?
- Monthly payment as Graduate Research Students (GRA) under research grant- RM1.5k/ month
- Invaluable experience in research & life-long learning
- Team-work & Japanese-style research environment at Motion Control Research Lab (MCon Lab) with support from peers & seniors students (fb page: https://www.facebook.com/mconutem )
- Full supervision by supervisor– to ensure candidates graduate on time.
- Prepare candidates for phd studies & academic career as a lecturer.
Open to all who:
- Graduated with B. Eng in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronic Engineering with minimum CGPA>3.00 from UTeM or other universisties (local & oversea)
- Would like to gain research experience
- Willing to work hard & learn new knowledge independently
- Aim high for his/her research project.
- Has good communication skills
Do email me at mariam[ ]utem.edu.my ; insert @ at [ ] to discuss further research details and for further information. Share this email with your friends who might be interested.Read More
The Faculty of Electrical Engineering (FKE) together with Center for Robotics and Industrial Automation(CeRIA), Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka(UTeM) are pleased to invite all postgraduates students and researchers from UTeM and all other higher learning institutions in Malaysia to submit two pages extended abstract to The Symposium on Electrical, Mechatronics and Applied Science(SEMA2018). The Symposium will be held on 8 November 2018 at Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTeM), Melaka.
•Authors are invited to submit an extended abstract (2 pages) according to posted format provided at http://sema.utem.edu.my.
•For the paper submission authors required to have the CMT account.
•All papers should be submitted electronically via CMT.
More info:Read More
IRID’18 is an one day research event hosted by the Advanced Manufacturing Centre (AMC), UTeM.
IRID aims to offer a unique platform for researchers, engineers and post-graduate students from industry, especially in the field of engineering and technology to present their research findings, establish a mutual knowledge transfer and networking.
Through this platform, solutions to the problems and needs of the local industry can be shared, thus bridging the gap between university and industry in Malaysia.
For Research Showcase, prospective authors are kindly invited to submit their 2-pages extended abstract. All submitted extended abstracts will be peer reviewed and evaluated based on originality, research content, correctness, relevance to the topics, and readability.
Please find the details and flow of Submission and Registration in below.
Flow of Submission
Online Registration Form: IRID Online Registration
GUIDELINES FOR EXTENDED ABSTRACT
The extended abstract should be written in English (including figures, tables and references).
The extended abstract should be 2 pages length.
The extended abstract should be prepared in Microsoft Word format by using the template given below.
Template & Instruction for 2 Pages Extended Abstract
The extended abstract must be submitted online via EASYCHAIR by 1st April 2018.
Please name the file according to your paper title.
All submitted extended abstract will be peer reviewed and evaluated based on the following criteria:
Relevance to the topic
[CEAT2018] Call For Papers: International Conference on Clean Energy and Technology, 5-6 September 2018
CALL FOR PAPERS
We are pleased to announce that the 5th IET International Conference on Clean Energy and Technology (CEAT 2018) will be organized in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 5 – 6 September 2018. The CEAT 2018 is jointly organized with the 4th International Conference on Global Sustainability & Chemical Engineering (ICGSCE 2018).
The CEAT-ICGSCE 2018 aims to provide a premier academic platform for researchers from all around the world to present their latest research findings, ideas, developments and applications in the domain of interest. It also provides a unique interdisciplinary forum that can create potential collaboration and networking among the academics, engineers and researchers leading to a development of new technology and solutions for a greener future.
Prospective authors are invited to submit full papers according to the scope of the conference and guidelines provided on the conference website: http://www.ceat-icgsce.com.
Please check the conference website regularly for the latest updates.Read More
List of available competition:
I-ENVEX – http://envex.unimap.edu.my/
Innovate (Innovate Malaysia Design Competition) – http://innovate.dreamcatcher.asia/
Who can join? Open to undergraduate students, team of 3 students.
Design Challenge: Renewable Energy
Unlike fossil fuels, which are finite, renewable energy sources regenerate. Renewable energy is energy that tapped from the continually replenished sources, typically solar, biomass, wind, tidal, and hydro. The potential of large hydropower in Sarawak is largely known with several studies undertaken by government bodies, consulting firms, and utility companies. However, the potential of small renewable sources comprising of solar, biomass, wind, tidal, and small hydro is largely unknown and hence, these resources are largely untapped.
Recognizing the importance of utilizing these small renewable energy sources, the Energy Design Challenge welcomes studies to determine the theoretical and economic potential of these small renewable sources, and mapping of these resources to explore and identify their potential applications for fully utilization in urban and rural development.
Do email me at email@example.com to discuss further research details and for further information. Share this email with your friends who might be interested.Read More
Currently searching candidates for Final Year Project (FYP), 2016/2017 for BEKM & BEKC program.
There are 2 categories of projects:
1. Continuing project from FYP senior (the hardware are available, student may need to upgrade it a bit & design the system)
2. New project (simulation; and/ or experimental setup – new hardware need to be set -up)
List of fyp project title: Open for discussion.
1. CGPA = preferbally above 2.75
2. Good working ethics
3. Students who strives for knowledge & willing to work hard.
4. Self-disipline student
What do you gain?
- Full supervision by supervisor– to ensure candidates graduate with an ‘A’ grade.
- Prepare students for working environment/ postgraduate studies.
- Invaluable experience in research & life-long learning
- Team-work & good research environment at Motion Control Research Lab (MCon Lab) with support from peers & seniors students (fb page: https://www.facebook.com/mconutem )
Open to all who:
Do email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss FYP topic and for further information. Share this email with your friends who might be interested. You may also drop by my website for the list research topics at http://mariamghazaly.com/ . First come first serve basis.Read More
March 31, 2016: Deadline for short abstract submissions and scholarship applications.
The 31st American Society for Precision Engineering Annual Meeting will feature tutorials, technical paper presentations, poster sessions, a student competition and mentoring session, commercial exhibits and technical tours. Portland promises many opportunities for learning, networking, and recruiting. In addition, a technical exhibit puts you face to face with experts for commercial suppliers whose equipment enables precision engineering. Portland is in the heart of the high-tech “Silicon Forest” that has a deep appreciation for precision technology. The Marriott Downtown is situated on the Columbia River with a scenic walkway and easy access to downtown restaurants, coffee shops and pubs.
Papers are being solicited in the following areas:
## Controls and Mechatronics
## Metrology Systems
## Precision Design
## Precision Manufacturing
## Micro and Nano Technologies
## Surface Characterization and Applications of Measurement Science
Crossing cutting applications of precision engineering that draw from multiple categories are welcome.